Jessica Cabodi MD
American Board of Family Medicine
After earning a bachelor of science degree with honors in neurobiology from the University of Washington, Dr. Cabodi received her medical degree from the University of Washington School of Medicine. She completed her residency at Valley Medical Center in Renton.
Dr. Cabodi practices full spectrum family medicine, including:
- Behavioral health including treatment for anxiety and depression
- Newborn evaluations, well child and pediatric sick visits
- Physical exams for sports, school, and summer camp
- Women's health including breast exam, pelvic exam, pap smear
- Medication management and/or lifestyle counseling for hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes and other medical condition
- Musculoskeletal problems, including back pain, knee pain, carpal tunnel, etc.
- Travel Medicine
Dr. Cabodi also performs in-office procedures, including:
- IUD placement and removal
- Carpal tunnel injection
- Shoulder injections
- Biopsies and removal of suspicious skin lesions/moles
- Laceration repair with traditional sutures and with glue
"I love family medicine for the opportunities to develop long-term relationships with my patients. It takes time to get to know someone, and doing so allows me to be a compassionate health and lifestyle advisor. I encourage patients to explore the relationship between their mind and body and learn how it affects their health—and how improving both can bring them a better quality of life. In addition, I appreciate how family dynamics influence health both in general and in individual circumstance. I use evidence-based medicine in clinical decision making and make screening and preventive medicine a priority. Good health outcomes can come from both good medication management and from lifestyle changes—my job is to help patients find what works best for them.”
Dr. Cabodi precepts medical students and received the John Dame award for Excellence in Teaching in 2009.
spending time with her family, gardening, and camping.