Our ear, nose and throat (ENT) physicians specialize in the medical and surgical treatment of sinus disease, cancer, thyroid and parathyroid disease and ear diseases. They can diagnose and treat diseases of the head and neck in patients of all ages from pediatrics to seniors.
Nose and sinuses
Surgical intervention for:
- Infectious conditions
- Cosmetic surgery and reconstruction
- Disorders of taste and smell, including tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands, saliva-producing glands, and other neck tumors/cancer
Mouth, throat and voice box
Including possible tumors and enlargement of the tonsils.
- Hearing, balance, and facial nerve disorders.
- Treatment of infections, tumors, and problems related to the inner, middle, and external ear.
- Testing for hearing and balance is available.
- Consultation for hearing aids and implantation for bone anchor hearing device (BAHA) available
- Rehabilitation of facial paralysis
Our board certified ear, nose and throat specialists (ENT) can provide consultation for issues such as recurrent ear infections and tonsillitis. Procedures can be done at First Hill Surgery Center, eliminating the need for a lengthy wait time from the time the decision is made until surgery is done. Our ENT specialists can perform procedures such as:
- Ear tube placements (myringotomy)
- Tonsillectomies (age two and older)
Before Your Appointment
To make your appointment most productive, here are a few things the Patient Service Representative will ask about when you call or when you come to see us:
- Did your primary care physician refer you to ENT/otolaryngology?
- Have you already received a diagnosis about your condition, and do you have those medical records? If so, what was your diagnosis?
- Have you had imaging, lab work or other studies done related to this condition, and can you bring those records with you or have them sent to us prior to your appointment? (You may have to pick them up yourself it your appointment is scheduled on short notice.)
- Have you received any previous treatment, surgeries or other interventions related to this issue?
- What can you tell me about your symptoms, how long you’ve been experiencing them, and if you’re taking any medications or undergoing treatment currently? (A full patient history will be taken at your first visit, but this information will help us connect you with the best physician for your needs.)
Please bring the name of your pharmacy and the list of medications you are currently taking when you come in for your appointment.
First Hill Surgery Center
If your physician recommends surgery, he or she might schedule it at First Hill Surgery Center, The Polyclinic’s ambulatory or outpatient surgery center. First Hill Surgery Center is located in the heart of Seattle’s First Hill medical community and is one of the largest independent outpatient surgery centers in the region. A joint venture between The Polyclinic and Swedish Medical Center, First Hill Surgery Center features the latest surgical technology in a patient-friendly setting. Some procedures that may be performed in this facility include, but are not limited to:
- Ear tubes (pediatrics and adults)
- Tonsil and adenoidectomy
- Unilateral thyroid lobectomy
More information about First Hill Surgery Center.
Call 206-860-5573 to schedule an appointment. Self-referrals accepted.