The Polyclinic Lipid Clinic provides diagnosis and treatment for patients with lipid or cholesterol disorders.
Some patients come to us with known cholesterol abnormalities, and others knowing they have a family history of heart attacks, strokes or other systemic vascular disease and understand the importance of being pro-active.
After identifying patients at high risk for heart attacks and strokes, our staff develops individualized care plans to help patients reach their goals quickly and safely.
Who is at high risk for heart disease?
Patients at high risk for heart disease are those who:
- have already had heart attacks, strokes, or peripheral vascular disease
- have conditions that put them at high risk for these events, such as diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and chronic kidney disease.
- have multiple risk factors that when combined, place them at higher risk.
- Nutrition recommendations
- Weight management
- Physical activity plans
- Smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Referral to specialists in diabetes management, sleep medicine, physical therapy or nutritionists as appropriate for overall cardiovascular risk reduction.