Education and Experience You Can Trust
All of our physicians received specialized training in infectious disease. After completing four years of medical school and three years of training in internal medicine, an infectious disease specialist spends at least two years of focused study on infectious diseases. The Polyclinic specialists are also board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Infectious Disease.
Our specialists provide comprehensive infectious disease care from inpatient care to outpatient services such as travel counseling, vaccination, and post-travel follow-up. The Polyclinic infectious disease specialists may also provide primary care for HIV positive patients.
Many common infections can be treated by your primary care provider. Your provider might refer you to a Polyclinic infectious disease specialist when an infection is difficult to diagnose, does not initially respond to treatment, or requires specialized or intravenous therapy.
We work with each patient to provide individualized care.
Conditions and Diseases Treated
- Bone and joint infections
- C difficile
- Chronic viral hepatitis (Hep C, and Hepatitis B)
- Chronic wounds
- Drug resistant bacteria (i.e. MRSA, ESBL gram negatives and CRE)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections and exposure (e.g. gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis)
- Occupational or recreational exposure to blood borne pathogens
- Mycobacterial infections, including TB and TB exposure
- Fungal infections such as Aspergillus, Cryptococcus and Coccidioides
- Post-surgical infections
- Pre-surgical evaluations (including Pre-transplant evaluation)
- Rabies exposure
- Re-current infections
- Tick and mosquito borne illnesses such as Lyme, Dengue, malaria
We are dedicated to providing care with respect and compassion. Patients at our clinic have their own physicians and planned appointments, ensuring continuity of care with minimal wait times.
Pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP, (Truvada®, also called tenofovir/emtricitabine) is a prevention option for people who are at high risk of getting HIV. It’s meant to be used consistently, as a pill taken every day, and to be used with other prevention options such as condoms. Call 206-860-4447 to make an appointment or learn more.