The Polyclinic’s vascular surgery department specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of vascular disorders, from complex aortic aneurysms to varicose veins.
We offer our patients the latest minimally invasive and open surgical procedure options, guiding patients through the decision making and recovery process. The Polyclinic Vascular Surgery is committed to providing compassionate and patient centered care to preserve and restore life quality.
- Diagnosis and treatment of peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Minimally-invasive peripheral interventions
- Limb salvage surgery
- Thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysm open and endovascular repair
- Carotid surgery and stroke prevention
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Dialysis access surgery
- Congenital vascular anomalies
- Comprehensive varicose and spider vein treatments
- Full spectrum diagnostic vascular laboratory
Minimally Invasive Procedures
Our surgeons specialize in minimally invasive procedures involving the use of catheter-based approaches. The artery or vein is entered with a needle and the entire procedure is performed through a small opening roughly the size of a small needle. Minimally invasive procedures include:
- Balloon angioplasty, stent placement and/or atherectomy to treat blockages in the arteries of the leg
- Maintenance of shunts in patients undergoing hemodialysis
- Endovascular repair of thoracic aortic aneurysms and abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Balloon angioplasty and stent placement in the renal arteries or visceral arteries (arteries to the intestines)
- Radiofrequency ablation for patients with venous insufficiency ("leaky valves")
- Embolization of vascular malformations
- Balloon angioplasty and stent placement for patients with iliac vein blockages/May Thurner Syndrome
Vascular Surgical Care
If surgery is needed, we operate at Virginia Mason Medical Center or at The First Hill Surgery Center, The Polyclinic’s ambulatory or outpatient surgery center. First Hill Surgery Center is located in the heart of Seattle’s First Hill medical community and is one of the largest independent outpatient surgery centers in the region. A joint venture between The Polyclinic and Swedish Medical Center, First Hill Surgery Center features the latest surgical technology in a patient-friendly setting.
Call 206-860-5581 for questions or to schedule an appointment.