Whether running a marathon or going grocery shopping, physical activity is important to your quality of life. The Sports & Performance Medicine Department helps patients recover from injury and prevent recurrence.
Dr. Hudson and Dr. Johnson are fellowship trained in Sports & Performance Medicine. They work with the rest of the musculoskeletal team to develop treatment plans that are patient-centered and focus on maximizing participation in sports and recreational activities.
- Non-operative treatment of musculoskeletal conditions
- Fracture care
- Ultrasound-guided joint injections
- Treatment for acute injuries such as ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee and shoulder injuries
- Care and prevention of overuse injuries related to sports and also common among musicians
- Concussion (mild traumatic brain injury) prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- ‘Return-to-play’ decisions for the sick or injured athlete
- Recommendations for safe strength training and conditioning exercises
- Injury prevention
- Care for special populations including pregnant women, performing artists and scoliosis management
- Sport physicals
- Consults with athletic trainers, coaches and athletes
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Tenex treatment
One part of a collaborative, comprehensive program
Our Sports Medicine specialists are part of a larger, comprehensive Musculoskeletal Program that includes:
- Hand Surgery
- Hand Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Spine Surgery
We have many experienced therapists, physicians and surgeons in these closely related specialties who work together to provide patients with well-coordinated care and an excellent patient experience.
Contact Sports & Performance Medicine at 206-860-5584 to make an appointment or for more information.