Whether running a marathon or going grocery shopping, physical activity is important to your quality of life. The Sports & Performance Medicine Department helps patients recover from injury and prevent recurrence.
Dr. Hudson and Dr. Johnson are fellowship trained in Sports & Performance Medicine. They work with the rest of the musculoskeletal team to develop treatment plans that are patient-centered and focus on maximizing participation in sports and recreational activities.
- Non-operative treatment of musculoskeletal conditions
- Fracture care
- Ultrasound-guided joint injections
- Treatment for acute injuries such as ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee and shoulder injuries
- Care and prevention of overuse injuries related to sports and also common among musicians
- Concussion (mild traumatic brain injury) prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- ‘Return-to-play’ decisions for the sick or injured athlete
- Recommendations for safe strength training and conditioning exercises
- Injury prevention
- Care for special populations including pregnant women, performing artists and scoliosis management
- Sport physicals
- Consults with athletic trainers, coaches and athletes
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Tenex treatment
One part of a collaborative, comprehensive program
Our Sports & Performance Medicine Department is part of a larger, comprehensive Musculoskeletal Program that includes:
- Physical Therapy
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation,
- Spine Surgery
We have dozens of experienced therapists, physicians and surgeons in these closely related specialties—all located on the 4th floor at Madison Center— who work together to provide patients with well-coordinated care and an excellent patient experience.
Contact Sports & Performance Medicine at 206-860-5584 to make an appointment or for more information.