Tiffany L. Shih MD
American Academy of Dermatology and American College of Physicians
Dr. Shih received her medical degree from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. She completed a residency at the University of Minnesota.
"I’ve wanted to be a doctor since I was about seven years old. Medicine is both an art and a science. It is dynamic, challenging, and requires a commitment to lifelong learning. I also enjoy the detective work involved in diagnosing challenging medical conditions."
Dr. Shih treats a broad range of dermatologic conditions. She is especially interested in complex medical dermatology; particularly oncologic and rheumatologic skin conditions.
Dr. Shih treats pediatric patients of all ages.
"I am a big foodie! I enjoy going out to eat as well as cooking at home. My Goldendoodle, Brisket, and I also love hiking and exploring nature."
"Medicine should be about teamwork, not only with nursing and ancillary staff, but also with the patient. If we work together, I believe we will get the best outcomes to keep you healthy."
Dr. Shih has authored a wide range of articles in publications. Below is a selection of articles.
- Shih TL. “Dermatology CME/CE Case: Pyoderma Gangrenosum” Clinical
Advisor. Aug. 2016
- Shih TL. “Dermatology CME/CE Case: Solitary Mastocytoma” Clinical Advisor.
- Anna Gregoire, Shih TL. “Dermatology CME/CE Case: Shoe Dermatitis” Clinical
Advisor. May 2016
- Shih TL. “Dermatology CME/CE Case: Bullous Pemphigoid” Clinical Advisor.
- John Muzic. Shih TL. “Dermatology CME/CE Case: “Calciphylaxis vs. Pyoderma
Gangrenosum” Clinical Advisor. Sept. 2014
- Shih TL. “Dermatology CME/CE Case: Keratoacanthoma” Clinical Advisor. June
- Shih TL. “Dermatology CME/CE Case: Miliaria Crystallina” Clinical Advisor. May
Languages outside of English
- Hennepin County Medical Center Teaching Faculty (affiliated with University of Minnesota)
- HealthPartners Institute Dermatology Residency Teaching faculty and lecturer
- American Academy of Dermatology, member
- Women’s Dermatologic Society, member
- Medical Dermatology Society, member
- American College of Physicians, member
- Top Doctor, Minnesota Monthly - 2020
- WDS Academic Research Award: Mentor, Daniel Miller, University of
Minnesota - 2016
- WDS Mentorship Award: Mentor, Ed Cowen, National Institutes of Health - 2016
- Betty Ford Center Summer Institute on Substance Use Disorder Treatment: Rancho Mirage, CA 2010-2011 Texas Tech University - 2012
- Foundation Scholarship: Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX