Theresa Nilson Henke MD
American Board of Internal Medicine
Dr. Henke received her medical degree from Boston University. She completed her internship and residency in internal medicine at the University of California, Irvine. She was elected to serve as a chief resident at UC Irvine and the Long Beach VA Medical Center following her residency, where she focused on clinical education. Dr. Henke then completed a nephrology fellowship at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Dr. Henke's clinical interests include critical care nephrology, acute kidney injury, chronic kidney disease, hypertension, electrolyte and acid/base derangements, as well as all dialysis modalities.
Dr. Henke is a devoted wife who enjoys cooking, live music and maintaining an active lifestyle.
"I am devoted to the comprehensive health care of my patients and empowerment through knowledge."
- Nilson, T.L. and E. Lum. 2016. Denosumab for the treatment of bisphosphonate refractory hypercalcemia of malignancy. Proceedings of UCLA Healthcare. Volume 20.
- Huang,J., T.L.Nilson, T.P. Pham. 2015. Polyuria following kidney transplantation. American Journal of Kidney Diseases. 2015 Volume 66, Issue 6, Pages A21–A24.
- Sinclair, B.J., S. Nelson, T.L. Nilson, S.P. Roberts, A.G. Gibbs. 2007. The effect of selection for desiccation resistance on cold tolerance of Drosophila melanogaster. Physiological Entomology 32(4): 322-27.
- Nilson, T.L., B.J. Sinclair, S.P. Roberts. 2006. The effects of carbon dioxide anesthesia and anoxia on rapid cold-hardening and chill coma recovery in Drosophila melanogaster. Journal of Insect Physiology 52(10): 1027-33.
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Nephrology