American Board of Pediatrics, American Academy of Pediatrics
Dr. Cuddihy received his medical degree from the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at State University of New York in Buffalo. He completed his residency at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. Before joining The Polyclinic, Dr. Cuddihy practiced at Bend Medical Center in Bend, Ore. and at Yakima Pediatric Associates in Yakima, Wash.
“My forever wonderful Italian grandmother would always say: ‘mio nipote il dottore’ which means, ‘my grandson the doctor’… so the seeds were planted somewhere along the way. Science classes were always my favorite. I have always valued connecting with people in genuine ways. Medicine is a wonderful blend of both science and service.”
Dr. Cuddihy provides general pediatric care from birth through adolescence. His practice interests include asthma care, diabetes, preventive care/vaccinations and patient education that is clear, current, and specific to each patient. Dr. Cuddihy performs procedures including circumcision, minor suturing, splinting, incision and drainage.
Outside the office, Dr. Cuddihy enjoys spending time with friends and family, hiking, Nordic skiing, making (and drinking) good coffee, learning new things, reading, creative projects (videography, editing).
“One of my professors in medical school said ‘always make sure that your patient is better off for coming in to see you that day.’ I have remembered and tried to follow those words every day.”
Swedish Medical Center, First Hill
- Auxiliary Faculty University of Washington
- Clinical Educator / Site director for WWAMI Program at Yakima Pediatric Associates which included 2 month rotations for Seattle Children’s 2nd year pediatric residents, 1994-2005
- American Academy of Pediatrics (conferences/publications)
- American Board of Pediatrics: MOCA (Maintenance of Certification Assessment)
- Grand Rounds at Seattle Children’s Medical Center and Oregon Health & Science University