Drew Welk MD
American Board of Plastic Surgery (1990 - current); American Board of Surgery (1987 - 1997)
Dr. Drew Welk earned a medical degree from the University of Michigan. He trained in general surgery at Blodgett Medical Center and allied hospitals in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and completed plastic surgery residency at the University of California, Irvine.
Dr. Welk specializes in facial cosmetic surgery, cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery, and liposuction and cosmetic surgery of the torso and extremities. As a member of The Polyclinic Tumor Board, Dr. Drew Welk participates in weekly meetings to discuss and determine best treatment plans for each newly diagnosed patient with breast cancer.
"Innovative methods, precise concepts, and much experience are applied to the evaluation of each new patient, seeking the most specific and appropriate solution for each patient's care. Planning for surgery includes a complete review of options and often a presentation of many prior similar cases we have performed, with a range of representative results. We believe that principles underlying your care should be understood and agreed to by you before we proceed with surgery. We strive to provide you with a safe and comfortable experience, concluding with the best attainable result."
- President, Northwest Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2009-10
- President, Washington Society of Plastic Surgeons, 1994 - 1996
- Summa Cum Laude - Joint LSA/Medicine Program, University of Michigan Honors College, 1981
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1978
- James B. Angell Scholar, 1975, 1976
- University of Michigan Regents–Alumni Scholar, 1974
- National Merit Scholar, 1973