What to Know After Being Diagnosed with Cancer
Your Polyclinic care team is here to help you every step of the way. This team brings together board-certified doctors and clinicians with diverse specialties dedicated to providing evidence-based care that personalized for you. Whether your care is provided by colleagues within The Polyclinic or by specialists in the area, your Polyclinic oncologists and hematologists can provide you with resources and help coordinate your cancer treatment. Referring primary care physicians are included in all discussions to ensure your continuity of care.
Understanding Your Diagnosis and Treatment
When coping with cancer, each patient is different but it's important to be informed about your condition. We believe that an informed patient is an empowered patient. You are a key decision-making member of the care team. Please ask your care team about any questions you have.
Organize Your Medical Information
When you are first diagnosed with cancer, the next steps can feel overwhelming. Keeping track of important details throughout your treatment can help.
- Take notes about how you're feeling
- Write down questions you may have for your doctor
- Keep track of your treatment schedule, physicians you've seen and medications you're taking
- Manage your appointments using whatever method or application is best for you
- Save educational materials you have received
- Questions to ask after diagnosis