The Care Advantage Program (CAP) helps patients stay healthy and navigate changes in their health and lifestyle. CAP works closely with you and your Polyclinic providers to coordinate your care and help you achieve your health goals.
- A personalized, goal-directed care plan
- In-person meetings with a Care Advantage nurse or licensed clinical social work after your clinic visit
- Family and caregiver consultations
- Medication review
- Health monitoring in between clinic visits and help understanding your condition
- Assistance with care transitions (for example, from the clinic to a skilled nursing facility or from the emergency department to the hospital)
- Resources and support for weight loss or other fitness goals
- Help managing chronic illnesses or diseases such as asthma, COPD, diabetes, depression, heart disease, high blood pressure, or memory loss
Learn more about resources available.
Meet the Team
Nurse case managers collaborate with you and your providers to develop and implement a goal-directed care plan.
- Dana Hanson BSN, RN: 206-455-1541
- Michelle Felipe, LPN: 206-860-4717
- Heidi Thomassen RN: The Polyclinic Madison Center, 8th floor Family Medicine; The Polyclinic Downtown; and Edmonds Family Medicine, 206-455-1713
Our social worker consults with health care providers, care team members, and caregivers to identify helpful community resources or services.
- Christine Winther LICSW: 206-348-9198
Who can enroll in Care Advantage?
The Care Advantage team coordinates care for eligible Polyclinic patients with the following plans.
Ask your Polyclinic primary care provider for a referral or call 206-860-5300 to join the program.
- Humana Medicare Advantage at The Polyclinic
- HumanaChoice® (PPO)
- Humana Gold Plus® (HMO)
- Humana Gold Plus DE-SNP® (HMO)
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage at The Polyclinic
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Classic (HMO)
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Classic Plus (HMO)
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Alpine (HMO)
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Charter + Rx (HMO)
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Peak + Rx (HMO)
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Sound + Rx (HMO)
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage at The Polyclinic
- AARP® Medicare Advantage® Plan 1 (HMO)
- AARP® Medicare Advantage® Plan 2 (HMO)
- AARP® Medicare Advantage® Plan 3 (HMO)
A1252_MA web content pending