The Care Advantage Program (CAP) is an extra service available for patients on certain Medicare Advantage plans at The Polyclinic. CAP helps patients stay healthy and navigate changes in their health and lifestyle. For example, the CAP team of nurses and patient coordinators can help coordinate your surgery and rehabilitation, help you or a loved one transition to a skilled nursing facility, or support you through care and treatment of a chronic condition like diabetes or rheumatoid arthritis.
Our dedicated team works closely with you and your Polyclinic providers to coordinate your care and help you achieve your health goals.
Care Advantage Services
Polyclinic patients enrolled in a covered Medicare Advantage plan have access to this suite of wrap-around services and support, including:
- A personalized, goal-directed care plan
- In-person meetings with a Care Advantage nurse or licensed clinical social work after your clinic visit
- Family and caregiver consultations
- Medication review
- Health monitoring in between clinic visits and help understanding your condition
- Assistance with care transitions (for example, from the clinic to a skilled nursing facility or from the emergency department to the hospital)
- Resources and support for weight loss or other fitness goals
- Help managing chronic illnesses or diseases such as asthma, COPD, diabetes, depression, heart disease, high blood pressure, or memory loss
Meet the Team
Overseen by medical director Dr. Mary Anderson and led by manager Kelly Brammer RN, the CAP team assesses and advocates for your best care.
- Nurse case managers collaborate with you and your providers to develop and implement a goal-directed care plan.
- Our social worker consults with health care providers, care team members, and caregivers to identify helpful community resources or services.
- The Medicare Advocate provides Medicare resources, directing patients to educational classes, health plan experts, or internal Polyclinic resources for choosing a primary care provider or securing a referral. She also can help patients navigate issues with their Medicare Advantage plan at The Polyclinic. For questions about your insurance plan or specific benefits, please contact your insurance company directly.
- Yan-Jye Fu BSN, RN: The Polyclinic Madison Center, 9th floor, 206-860-4766
- Diane Igawa BSN, RN: The Polyclinic Ballard and The Polyclinic Northgate, 206-200-7342
- Christine Winther LICSW: 206-348-9198
- Dana Hanson BSN, RN: 206-455-1541
- Heidi Thomassen RN: The Polyclinic Madison Center, 8th floor Family Medicine; The Polyclinic Downtown; and Edmonds Family Medicine, 206-455-1713
- Michelle Felipe LPN, Medicare Advocate: 206-860-4717
- Kelly Brammer RN, Manager: The Polyclinic Broadway, 206-320-6777
Learn more about how CAP can coordinate your care
and help you achieve health goals.
Join the Care Advantage Program
CAP services are available at no cost for eligible patients at The Polyclinic who are enrolled in a Humana, UnitedHealthcare or Premera Medicare Advantage plan. Ask your Polyclinic primary care provider for a referral or call 206-860-5300 to learn more.
A1252_MA web content pending