Care Advantage provides an enhanced, coordinated approach to health care. We partner with you to coordinate care and achieve your health goals.
When you establish care with a Polyclinic primary care physician and are enrolled in a covered Medicare Advantage plan, you have access to the Care Advantage Program.
Our team works closely with you and your Polyclinic providers to develop and implement a goal-directed plan of care. We’re here to support you every step of the way.
We can help you coordinate care for:
- Heart disease
- Heart failure
- High blood pressure
- Weight loss
- Memory loss
- Communication with your health care providers
- Arrange in-person meetings with a Care Advantage nurse after your clinic visit
- Personalize a goal-directed plan of care
- Provide caregiver support and/or family consultations
- Review medications
- Coordinate care for chronic conditions
- Monitor health between clinic visits
- Assist with care transitions (e.g. from clinic to hospital or skilled nursing facility)
- Follow up after discharge from the Emergency Department or hospital
Learn more about how CAP can coordinate your care
and help you achieve health goals.
Referrals and Authorizations at The Polyclinic
For questions about referrals and authorizations, please contact 206-860-5410, option 2. Your provider will indicate if your referral is urgent or routine. Please allow up to 72 hours for urgent referrals and 7-10 business days for standard referrals.
How to Enroll
CAP services are available at no cost for eligible patients at The Polyclinic who are enrolled in a Humana, UnitedHealthcare or Premera Medicare Advantage plan. Learn more about how to enroll in Care Advantage.
- For general questions about the program, or to enroll, call 206-860-5300.
- For questions about claims, call 206-860-2220, option 1.
- For questions about referrals, call 206-860-5410, option 2.