The Polyclinic works to build positive, collaborative relationships with news media representatives. Our Marketing Department responds quickly to requests for information or interviews, as appropriate. All media requests must be made through the Marketing Department. If you’d like to talk with one of our physicians or staff members, please contact:
Senior Communications Specialist
Vice President of Marketing & Development
News and Blog
Check out the latest news, stories and updates from The Polyclinic on our blog.
- History of The Polyclinic (PDF)
- Lloyd David, CEO
- Mitch Peterson, MD, Chair, The Polyclinic Clinical Governance Committee
- Established in 1917 by a small group of independent physicians
- Remains physician led and locally operated
- One of the largest multispecialty physician groups in the region
- Includes nearly 240 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, including primary care—family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics—and nearly every kind of specialty care including surgery
- Offers urgent care 7 days at week at Polyclinic Now
- Supported by approximately 1,050 staff members
- Provides care for more than 235,000 patients
- Grown to more than a dozen locations in and around the greater Seattle area
- Offers state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging, including bone density, breast imaging and 3D mammography (Tomosynthesis), CT, MRI, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, vascular ultrasound and X-ray
- Features comprehensive medical services including Anticoagulation/Lipid clinics, Audiology, Cancer Care Program, Clinical Research, Diabetes Management and Education, Endoscopy Center, Diagnostic Imaging and Laboratory, Blink optical shop, First Hill Surgery Center, Physical Therapy, Sleep Medicine Center, Vascular Surgery and Travel Medicine
- Performs nearly 4,000 outpatient surgeries annually
- In 2012, through a voluntary program sponsored by the Centers for Medicare and Medicare Services (CMS), The Polyclinic was the first medical group in Washington state to be approved as a Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organization. The program enables The Polyclinic to provide Medicare patients with high quality health care services while reducing the overall cost of care through enhanced care coordination.
- The Polyclinic is consistently among the highest-ranking healthcare providers in the region for patient experience. In 2016 the Washington Health Alliance named The Polyclinic as a top performer in primary care patient experience. The Polyclinic was among four medical groups in the state that scored above the state average in all categories.