Obesity and metabolic disorders such as diabetes, pre-diabetes, dyslipidemia and metabolic syndrome are some of the most serious health conditions affecting individuals in the United States. More than one-third of U.S. adults meet the criteria for obesity, two-thirds are considered overweight, one-half have pre-diabetes, and more than 1 in 10 have diabetes. Unfortunately, this epidemic of “diabesity” is expected to continue in the future.
What is Obesity?
Obesity is a complex, chronic, relapsing, multifactorial, neurobehavioral disease with adverse metabolic, physical, and psychosocial health consequences. Obesity is not a character flaw or just about will power.
A Program to Address Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
The Lifestyle and Metabolic Medicine care team creates a positive environment focused on education and encouragement, eliminating blame and shame that can be associated with being overweight or obese.
A Holistic, Lifestyle-Based Approach
The Lifestyle and Metabolic Medicine program provides patients with a new framework and new tools; it’s not conventional ‘eat less, exercise more’ advice. We advocate:
- Eating whole foods
- Timing meals appropriately
- Getting adequate sleep
- Managing stress
- Initial Consultations
- Follow-up Visits
- Primal Pathway 12-Class Series
- Medicare Primal Pathway 8-Class Series
- Primal Essentials 4-Class Series
Benefits and Fees
This comprehensive program has a one-time, non-refundable, out-of-pocket fee of $299 for the first year of service. Your program benefits include:
- All course materials
- MyChart online patient portal messaging
- Access to a private Facebook support group
- Shopping guides
- Meal planning resources
- Discounts to local 5k and 10k walking/running events
- Discounts to meal/food delivery services
- Access to monthly support group visits up to one year from sign-up date once insurance covered visits have expired
About the Care Team
We are passionate about helping patients lose weight with key health improvements. We have struggled with weight first hand ourselves but bring special expertise with board certified obesity and master’s level nutritionist training. We bring experience and expertise but also compassion and understanding.
- Dr. Greg Sharp is a board certified obesity medicine physician. Read more about Dr. Sharp’s weight-loss journey.
- Jasmine Azpiri, MSHN, CN, is master’s level nutritionist who also happens to be an avid endurance athlete. Read more about Jasmine’s weight loss journey.
Our personal successes in weight loss and health improvements have allowed us the privilege of helping and encouraging other patients in their own weight management journeys.
Scheduling: A physician referral is required for this program. Call our patient scheduling line at 206-860-5499 to sign up for the Lifestyle and Metabolic Medicine Program. Please fill out our Lifestyle and Metabolic Intake Form before your first appointment.
Questions: Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for full details.