Obesity and metabolic disorders such as diabetes, pre-diabetes, dyslipidemia and metabolic syndrome are some of the most serious health conditions affecting individuals in the United States. More than one-third of U.S. adults meet the criteria for obesity, two-thirds are considered overweight, one-half have pre-diabetes, and more than 1 in 10 have diabetes. Unfortunately, this epidemic of “diabesity” is expected to continue in the future.
What is Obesity?
Obesity is a complex, chronic, relapsing, multifactorial, neurobehavioral disease with adverse metabolic, physical, and psychosocial health consequences. Obesity is not a character flaw or just about will power.
A Program to Address Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
The Lifestyle and Metabolic Medicine care team creates a positive environment focused on education and encouragement, eliminating blame and shame that can be associated with being overweight or obese.
A Holistic, Lifestyle-Based Approach
The Lifestyle and Metabolic Medicine program provides patients with a new framework and new tools; it’s not conventional ‘eat less, exercise more’ advice. We advocate:
- Eating whole foods
- Timing meals appropriately
- Getting adequate sleep
- Managing stress
- Initial Consultations
- Follow-up Visits
- Primal Pathway Program
Program Costs and Benefits
For a detailed description of visit types, insurance coverage, benefits, and fees see our FAQ page.
About the Care Team
We are passionate about helping patients lose weight with key health improvements. We have struggled with weight first hand ourselves but bring special expertise with board certified obesity and master’s level nutritionist training. We bring experience and expertise but also compassion and understanding.
- Dr. Greg Sharp is a board certified obesity medicine physician. Read more about Dr. Sharp’s weight-loss journey.
- Dr. Kristen Johnson, is a board-certified obesity medicine physician.
- Sejin Maddaloni, is an advanced registered nurse practitioner (ARNP).
- Jasmine Miller, MS, CN, is master’s level nutritionist who also happens to be an avid endurance athlete.
- Aimee Gallo is a certified nutritionist, personal trainer and holistic health coach.
- Sabrina Ramme is a registered dietitian with a master’s degree in nutrition and dietetics.
Our personal successes in weight loss and health improvements have allowed us the privilege of helping and encouraging other patients in their own weight management journeys.
Scheduling: Call our patient scheduling line at 206-860-5499 to sign up for the Lifestyle and Metabolic Medicine Program. Please fill out our Lifestyle and Metabolic Intake Form before your first appointment.
Questions: Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for full details.