Surgery is a mix of science and art. A surgeon's scientific knowledge supported by education, experience, mentoring and technology is critical to successful outcomes. A positive surgical experience also requires a surgeon who has mastered the art of communicating with patients.
Science and art converge through the general surgeons at The Polyclinic. Our surgeons have trained at top surgical programs and continue their involvement with advanced education by participating in teaching programs at Swedish Medical Center and the University of Washington. In addition to the science, our surgeons understand the art of caring for a patient. Patients frequently tell us that they were able to communicate effectively with their surgeon, and felt taken care of throughout the entire process.
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery (hernia, gallbladder, intestines)
- Gastrointestinal disease (cancer, diverticulitis, hemorrhoids)
- Breast disease (benign and malignant)
- Gallbladder disease
- Cancer surgery (i.e. breast, stomach, colon, esophagus, rectum, melanoma, pancreas)
- Acid reflux surgery
- Minor procedures (including cosmetic) for benign lesions, cysts, and skin cancers, etc.
- Port-a-cath placement and removal
- Peritoneal dialysis (PD) catheter placement and removal
- Anal Dysplasia/Condylome/Warts
First Hill Surgery Center
If your physician recommends surgery, he or she might schedule it at First Hill Surgery Center, The Polyclinic’s ambulatory or outpatient surgery center. First Hill Surgery Center is located in the heart of Seattle’s First Hill medical community and is one of the largest independent outpatient surgery centers in the region. A joint venture between The Polyclinic and Swedish Medical Center, First Hill Surgery Center features the latest surgical technology in a patient-friendly setting. Some procedures that may be performed in this facility include, but are not limited to:
- Laparoscopic and open hernia repairs
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Melanoma surgery
- Lymph node and sentinel node biopsy
- Mass excision
- Laparoscopic appendectomy
More information about First Hill Surgery Center.