Surgery is a mix of science and art. A surgeon's scientific knowledge supported by education, experience, mentoring and technology is critical to successful outcomes. A positive surgical experience also requires a surgeon who has mastered the art of communicating with patients.
Science and art converge through the general surgeons at The Polyclinic. Our surgeons have trained at top surgical programs and continue their involvement with advanced education by participating in teaching programs at Swedish Medical Center and the University of Washington. In addition to the science, our surgeons understand the art of caring for a patient. Patients frequently tell us that they were able to communicate effectively with their surgeon, and felt taken care of throughout the entire process.
Our surgeons operate at the First Hill Surgery Center, a state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center down the street at 1101 Madison. The modern facility has dedicated surgical staff and offers a comfortable and convenient environment for patients and families.
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery (hernia, gallbladder, intestines)
- Gastrointestinal disease (cancer, diverticulitis, hemorrhoids)
- Breast disease (benign and malignant)
- Gallbladder disease
- Cancer surgery (i.e. breast, stomach, colon, esophagus, rectum, melanoma, pancreas)
- Acid reflux surgery
- Minor procedures (including cosmetic) for benign lesions, cysts, and skin cancers, etc.
- Port-a-cath placement and removal
- Peritoneal dialysis (PD) catheter placement and removal
- Anal Dysplasia/Condylome/Warts