Medicare Annual Enrollment Period is quickly approaching, make sure you understand your Medicare and Medicare Advantage options when determining your needs and selecting a plan.
Original Medicare is comprised of two parts, A and B. Part A covers hospital services, such as nursing facilities and hospice, while Part B covers medical services, like outpatient care, medical equipment, and injected or infused therapeutic drugs. Patients can also enroll in Medicare Part D which covers prescription drugs. Patients enrolled in Original Medicare (Parts A and B) will often purchase Medicare Supplement plans, which help cover costs not paid by Medicare Part A and B, but do not include any additional benefits.
Medicare Advantage plans, also called Part C, are offered through private companies and must provide the same coverage as Part A and Part B. Many Medicare Advantage plans also have additional benefits such as prescription drug coverage, gym memberships, vision and dental coverage rolled into one plan. Patients enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan have one insurance card and one plan for health care services.
When you choose one of The Polyclinic’s accepted Medicare Advantage plans, we coordinate your care in a personalized and comprehensive way, collaborating with your primary care provider and insurance company. Our Medicare Advantage patients benefit from our Care Advantage Program, a team focused on providing coordinated and preventive care, managing chronic conditions, and helping you meet your health and wellness goals.
Deciding What’s Right for You
Choosing between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage comes down to each person’s unique individual needs. Each year during the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (October 15 – December 7), patients should consider health needs and lifestyle while comparing plans.
A few things to consider:
- What prescription drugs are you taking?
- Do you have any chronic conditions?
- Do you have vision and dental needs
- Is a gym membership important to you?
- Will you travel domestically or internationally in the coming year?
- Do you live in different parts of the country throughout the year?
The answers to these questions, along with a review of your health history can help you select a plan. A licensed Medicare producer can help you compare plan options and choose the one that’s right for you.
Looking for More Information?
The Polyclinic and Connexion Insurance Solutions are here to help.
- A licensed agent at Connexion Insurance Solutions to discuss plan options. Call 1-877-217-3279 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Medicare Help Desks, staffed by Connexion licensed producers, available to answer your questions October 15 – December 7, Monday – Friday, 9 am - 4 pm (closed 1 – 2 pm) at The Polyclinic Broadway, Northgate Plaza and Madison Center (no appointment needed).
- A free class about Medicare at The Polyclinic. Find a class and RSVP.