Staying healthy is a team effort that starts with you and your primary care provider (PCP).
Polyclinic primary care providers focus on getting to know you, your health goals, and what’s important to you. Your PCP serves as the leader of your care team and works with you to ensure you get the care you need, when you need it.
We recommend every patient have a PCP to help guide your care, keep you healthy with routine preventive care and screenings, treat you when you’re sick, and connect you to specialists if and when you need them.
When you have a PCP, you’ll get the most comprehensive, coordinated care possible. Open enrollment (October – December for most commercial, Exchange and Medicare plans) is the perfect time to make sure your Polyclinic primary care provider is in-network on your insurance plan.
Benefits of Having a PCP
- Your PCP can often address health issues so you can avoid a more costly visit to an urgent care clinic or emergency room.
- If you need a specialist, your PCP can refer you to one who is a good fit for you.
- Many insurance companies require that you have a PCP, and require a PCP’s referral to see a specialist.
- Many specialists require that you have a PCP so you’ll have someone to follow-up on your care.
Types of Primary Care Providers and Locations
PCPs specialize in internal medicine for adults, family medicine for all ages, and pediatrics for children through age 18. You’ll find PCPs at many Polyclinic locations including: Ballard, Downtown, Madison Center, and Northgate Plaza.
Need help choosing a primary care provider?
- Use our online Find-A-Doctor tool and search for a provider who is in your neighborhood, welcoming new patients, or shares your interests—or all three.
- Call our New Patient Services representatives for one-on-one assistance in finding a primary care provider that’s right for you. You can reach them at 206-329-1777, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. They can even schedule an appointment over the phone.
- Search our Primary Care page and review bios of primary care providers welcoming new patients. Contact the provider's office directly to schedule.