The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) begins October 15. Whether you are enrolling for the first time or are already enrolled and want to change plans, it’s important to assess your options each year. At The Polyclinic, we offer a variety of Medicare Advantage plans and resources to help you choose a plan that’s right for you.
Medicare has four parts: Part A (hospital coverage), Part B (medical coverage), Part C (Medicare Advantage) and Part D (prescription drug coverage). Each part contributes to your health care costs.
Consider your options by starting with these questions:
- Does my doctor accept the plan I am considering?
- Does the plan cover the health care services I will need this year?
- Will I have access to the specialist care I need?
- Are my prescription medications covered?
Medicare Advantage and Original Medicare are different
Medicare Advantage plans are required to offer at minimum the same benefits as Original Medicare, but often offer additional benefits without additional costs, including:
- No deductible plans
- National/worldwide coverage
- Maximum out of pocket limits
- Low copays for primary care, specialty visits and/or hospital stays
- Part D prescription coverage
- Gym club memberships
- Vision and dental coverage
Note: not all Medicare Advantage plans offer all benefits. See specific plans for exact benefits.
The Polyclinic prefers Medicare Advantage plans because we can care for you in the most coordinated and comprehensive way. In fact, our Care Advantage program was specifically designed to support the health and coordination of care for our Medicare Advantage patients.
2018 Contracted Medicare Advantage Plans
At The Polyclinic, we aim to make Medicare Annual Enrollment as easy as possible by accepting Medicare Advantage plans that offer convenience and simplicity at an affordable cost. The following plans are contracted and accepted for 2018.
AARP®Medicare Complete®Insured through United Healthcare
- AARP® MedicareComplete® Plan 1 - HMO
- AARP® MedicareComplete® Plan 2 - HMO
- AARP® MedicareComplete® Plan 3 - HMO
- Aetna Medicare Value Plan - HMO
- Aetna Medicare Platinum Plan - HMO
- Aetna Medicare Choice Plan - PPO
- Aetna Medicare Select Plan - PPO
- HumanaChoice® - PPO
- Humana Gold Plus® - HMO
- Humana Gold Plus DE-SNP® - HMO
Premera Blue Cross
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage - HMO
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Classic - HMO
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Classic Plus - HMO
- Regence MedAdvantage + Rx Classic - PPO
- Regence MedAdvantage Basic - PPO
Note: The Regence Blue Advantage HMO plan is not accepted by The Polyclinic.
This is not a complete listing of plans available in your service area. For a complete listing, please contact 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day/7 days a week or consult medicare.gov.
The Polyclinic does not accept Medicare Advantage Private Fee for Service (PFFS) plans. We do accept retirement benefit plans from state or federal governments or private employers.
- Join us for a free event dedicated to Understanding Medicare Advantage on October 14, 2017. Learn more.
- Contact your Polyclinic Advocate at 206-860-4718 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend one of our free monthly “Medicare and You” classes. View the schedule and register here.
- From October 11 through December 8, stop by the Medicare Help Desks at our Madison Center, Northgate Plaza, and Broadway locations to meet with a Medicare expert. Call 206-860-4718 for details.
- Call Connexion Insurance Solutions, an independent agency assisting Polyclinic patients, at 1-877-217-3279.
- Review The Polyclinic’s Medicare resources and Medicare Advantage plans.