Seattle is known for its wide variety of excellent restaurants. In fact, U.S. News & World Report voted Seattle the sixth best foodie city in the country. We asked our employees to recommend some of their favorite food spots near Polyclinic locations. We received suggestions from coffee shops to ramen restaurants, and compiled them all here, along with links to each restaurant's website or a credible review to learn more. We hope you enjoy the list!
Please note these recommendations are not endorsements by The Polyclinic and are the opinions of individuals interviewed for this article.
Our Ballard providers and staff took a survey and came up with two places you might want to try near the Ballard Medical Plaza. Each spot is only a block away.
- Sip and Ship: A cute and friendly neighborhood coffee spot located across the Ballard Medical Plaza on NW Market St. If you have any mail you want delivered, Sip and Ship can do that, too.
- The Monkey Bridge: A family-owned Vietnamese restaurant that is a favorite of many in Ballard. Food is delivered within 5-10 minutes, and they have very reasonably priced pho ($7.75-8.25 for lunch). One staffer admitted she ate at The Monkey Bridge twice a week. It's that good!
Northgate Plaza and Northgate Annex
Heading to our north end clinics? Here are a few places to try around the Northgate area.
- Saffron Grill: This Indian and Mediterranean restaurant is a favorite for many Northgate providers and staff. Our employees recommend trying any of the curry dishes, which range from $12-16. Saffron Grill is only two blocks north of Northgate Annex and a six-minute drive from Plaza.
- Taqueria La Pasadita: If you're stopping by Northgate Annex, Taqueria La Pasadita is a Mexican food truck located in the Starbucks parking lot just a block north of the clinic. Open 10 am - 10 pm with reasonable prices and a good amount of food. It's a hidden gem according to many Yelp reviews!
Downtown Seattle has plenty of food options. Here are some of the favorite spots around the Medical Dental Building:
- Poke Alice 2: A made-to-order poke bar two blocks from the Medical Dental Building. Prices are between $10-14, and they have a ton of options to customize your poke bowl.
- Amazon Go: It's the talk of the town! Just like Amazon says, walk in for a yummy salad, sandwich, or other lunch goodies and walk on out. Nothing is needed other than a cell phone and the Amazon Go app. The store is about a half mile or 8-10 minute walk from the Medical Dental Building.
Our Broadway clinic is close to the many unique restaurants on Capitol Hill. Here are a few of their recommendations.
- Ooink: You can enjoy the umami flavors at this small, no frills ramen restaurant across the street from the Broadway clinic. We have a few employees that are regulars at Ooink, and they suggest the Spicy Kotteri Ramen for those who like a little kick to their ramen broth.
- Ayutthaya Thai Restaurant: Just a block north of our Broadway clinic is Ayutthaya Thai Restaurant on Pike St. Lots of authentic Thai décor and friendly staff! Most lunch options are around $8. Make sure to try the Special Thai Curry.
Planning to be at Madison Center for your visit? Here are a few places to try if you have some time on your hands.
- Coffee Tree: Located on 8th and Marion St. This locally-owned shop serves breakfast sandwiches, paninis, smoothies, bubble tea, and locally brewed coffee. Great service, free Wi-Fi and a mellow atmosphere.
- Bibimbap King: Located in the Columbia Center food court. Bibimbap King offers healthy and convenient Korean cuisine for an affordable price (meals range from $6-10), and friendly staff that will serve you within 5-10 minutes. The bibimbap with a poached egg and a side of their homemade kimchi is a must-try. The restaurant is only open between 11 am - 3 pm weekdays, so you'll need to stop by during your lunch break!