Cookie exchanges are very popular during the holiday season. Traditional sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies are great but try these slightly healthier options to balance out super sweet, high fat treats.
6 Healthier Cookie Exchange Options
- Oatmeal Banana Cookies. With these five ingredients – bananas, oatmeal, chocolate chips and vanilla, you won’t miss the added-sugar.
- Peanut Butter and Honey Cookies. Using whole wheat pastry flour, roasted peanuts and honey, these cookies can also be converted to a gluten-free option by subbing oats for flour.
- Granola Cookies. These small bites are packed with oats, whole wheat flour, fruit and nuts.
- Interchangeable Cookies. Get creative with add-ins (like mint-chocolate chips) but stick to the applesauce for this treat’s main sweet spot.
- No-Bake Cookies. An easy and healthier version of no-bake cookies.
- Sugar Cookie. Give the sugar cookie a makeover with this recipe that uses less butter and sugar.
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies. Try these for a lower carb version of a well-loved classic!