Medicare health plans and prices change each year and so do your individual health needs. It’s important to reevaluate your plan each year to make sure it continues to meet your needs. Your annual window to make changes for 2018 is rapidly approaching; the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) begins on October 15. Take some time now to make sure you’re enrolled in a plan that’s right for you.
Here are five ways to prepare:
- Learn about Medicare - Learn more about how Medicare works, what it covers, eligibility and plan options in The Polyclinic’s free one-hour class. View upcoming classes and register here.
- Attend our special 2018 “Understanding Medicare Advantage” event on October 14 in Lynnwood. You’ll learn about Medicare Advantage, see plan options for 2018, and hear directly from representatives from contracted Medicare Advantage plans. Learn more.
- Consider your health needs and wellness goals – Have your health needs changed in the past year? Are you thinking of joining a gym or adding a new exercise routine to your schedule? Do you want vision or dental care? Some plans offer free fitness club memberships and bundle medical, dental, and vision care.
- Anticipate travel plans – Are you traveling out of the country in the year ahead? Make sure you have the coverage you need if you need to see a doctor while you’re away.
- Review plan details – After you’ve considered your health needs and wellness goals, think about your current plan. Does your plan adequately cover your prescription drug needs? Is your doctor in-network in the plan you are considering? Are you paying for too much coverage or not enough?
- Discuss plan options with an expert – Get an unbiased opinion from a Medicare expert who can help you consider all plan options. Call or email Connexion Insurance Solutions, an independent agency assisting Polyclinic patients, at 1-877-217-3279 or MAquestions@connexioninsurance.com. Stop by a Polyclinic Medicare Help Desk at Madison Center, Northgate Plaza, or Broadway to talk about your plan options. This free Medicare resource will be available October 11 through December 8, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm.