An early kickoff for Sunday’s Seahawks playoff game may call for changes to your tailgate menu to satisfy morning appetites.
I often recommend these egg muffins to my patients. They are packed with protein and easy to make in advance so you can spend game time in front of the TV, not the stove.
Vary the veggies you select, and you will have endless variations of this mini quiche without the crust.
modified from TasteofHome.com
- 12 whole eggs (healthy swap: use 6 whole eggs and 6 egg whites)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced veggies of choice (peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, etc.)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add veggies, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1/3 cup mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Makes approximately 12 muffins.
Enjoy. Go Hawks!