December 7 is the last day to change your coverage or enroll in a Medicare plan during the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (also known as Open Enrollment). Have you evaluated your health needs and Medicare options? If you have considered changing your coverage, now is the time to act.
Consider these five tips to help you make a decision:
1. Review your current coverage. Plans change and so do you. From travel plans to newly anticipated health needs and medications, you’ll want to assess your coverage to ensure it’s a good match.
2. Check the network. A plan that you chose last year could include or exclude different providers or hospitals next year, so it’s important to make sure your preferred providers are still in-network.
3. Consider premiums alongside other factors. Premium costs are just one component to overall health care costs. Unlike Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans are built with an out-of-pocket maximum, and often include other benefits like gym memberships and dental and vision care.
4. Remember, you can change your mind. If you are not happy with your Medicare Advantage plan, you can disenroll from the plan during the Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period (MADP) Jan. 1-Feb. 14, 2019.
5. Attend “Understanding Medicare Advantage”. Learn about the benefits of Medicare Advantage at one of our information and enrollment events on Saturday, December 1.
- Join us for a free presentation on Medicare Advantage, followed by an opportunity to talk with insurance carrier representatives and licensed Medicare Specialists from Connexion Insurance Solutions who will be available to answer your questions and help you enroll. We’re offering two sessions at the Hampton Inn & Suites (next to The Polyclinic Northgate Plaza) from 9 am – noon and 2 – 5 pm. The event is free for attendees, but registration in advance is encouraged.
Stop by our Medicare Help Desks at The Polyclinic Broadway, Madison Center, and Northgate Plaza before they close on December 7. Desks are open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm (closed for lunch 1 – 2 pm).