December 7 is the last day to change your coverage or enroll in a Medicare plan during Annual Enrollment Period (also known as Open Enrollment). Have you evaluated your health needs and Medicare options? If you have considered changing your coverage, now is the time to act.
Consider these five tips to help you make a decision
- Review your current coverage.Plans change and so do you. From travel plans to newly anticipated health needs and medications, you’ll want to assess your coverage to ensure it’s a good match.
- Check the network. A plan that you chose last year could include or exclude different providers or hospitals next year, so it’s important to make sure your preferred providers are still in-network.
- Consider premiums alongside other factors. Premium costs are just one component to overall health care costs. Unlike Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage plans are built with an out-of-pocket maximum, and often include other benefits like gym memberships and dental and vision care.
- Remember, you can change your mind. If you are not happy with your Medicare Advantage plan, you can disenroll from the plan during the Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period (MADP) Jan. 1-Feb. 14, 2018.
- Talk to an expert. Still deciding on a Medicare plan? We’re here to help.
- Stop by our onsite Medicare Help Desks at Broadway, Madison Center, and Northgate Plaza. Open through Friday, December 8, our Medicare Help Desks are staffed by licensed insurance agents to assist in your plan options. Learn more.
- Contact the Medicare Advantage advocate to learn more about your care under Medicare Advantage at The Polyclinic. Call 206-860-4718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend a free Medicare class. The last two classes in 2017 will be held at Broadway and Northgate Plaza tomorrow, Dec. 5. Classes restart in January 2018. View the schedule and sign up for The Polyclinic, Medicare and You class.