January 25, 2017 | by The Polyclinic
- Be aware of Part B and other cost share increases.
- Know that in some cases, coverage has been reduced for pain management medications.
- There could be no coverage or higher costs for mail order drugs on many plans. Check before ordering.
- When renting or purchasing Durable Medical Equipment (DME), such as prostheses and prosthetic devices, orthotics, or diabetic supplies, be sure to use a Medicare-approved provider or you may be required to pay the full cost of the product yourself. Ask your doctor if a provider is approved or not.
- Many preventative services are available at no cost, yet sometimes overlooked, with both Original Medicare Part B and Medicare Advantage Plans. Review this list of Medicare-covered services and benefits.
Insurance plans change each year, including Medicare. Connexion Insurance Solutions shares five things to watch for in Medicare coverage.
Sam Strok, Connexion Medicare Producer
Attend a Free Medicare Class
For more information about Medicare at The Polyclinic, attend The Polyclinic, Medicare and You. Free and open to all. Find a class and RSVP.
- Seamless Conversion a Surprise for Some Seniors - The Polyclinic
- Medicare Spotlight – December: Medicare and Exchange - The Polyclinic
- Watch Videos About Medicare Advantage at The Polyclinic