December 7 is the last day to enroll in a Medicare plan. The Medicare Open Enrollment Period (OEP) is different than enrollment windows for insurance marketplaces and employer-based coverage.
Each enrollment period has unique deadlines. If you are still deciding on a Medicare plan, here are three tips to help you make a decision by December 7:
- Review your current coverage. Rising drug costs will impact Medicare’s prescription drug program, known as Part D. This means plan premiums could increase or there could be changes to the drug formulary.
- Check the network. Each year plans can change including coverage for providers that were considered in-network. A plan that you chose last year could include or exclude different providers or hospitals.
- You can change your mind. If you are not happy with your Medicare Advantage plan, you can disenroll from the plan during the Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period (MADP) from Jan. 1-Feb. 14, 2016.
There’s still time to make a decision. We’re here to help.
- Stop by our Medicare Information Desks. Open until December 18, our Medicare Information Desks are staffed by licensed insurance agents to assist in your plan options at Broadway, Madison and Northgate. Learn more.
- Call our Medicare advocate. We have a dedicated advocate to help our patients navigate Medicare Advantage at The Polyclinic. Call 206-860-4718.
- Learn more about Medicare Advantage
- Sign up for a free Medicare class. View the schedule for The Polyclinic, Medicare and You.
- Medicare Resources at The Polyclinic
- Read Take Time to Review Your Medicare Plan and Options
- View Providers Accepting Medicare at The Polyclinic